The Whetstone was designed to be an ideal first hangboard for climbers beginning their training journey. We have included a series of elements that we’ve found consistently valuable for both new and seasoned climbers.
The top jug on the Whetstone is something new. The edge profile was designed to promote a more “active” grip and reduce “over-wrapping” the wrist. A series of “ergo-bumps” was included to both improve the comfort of the grip and also to act as an edge that can be draped in an open-handed grip to more evenly distribute force between each finger as an aid for rehabilitating some finger tweaks.
The 40mm 2-finger pockets are perfectly sculpted to provide the most comfortable pockets you’ve ever felt on a hangboard.
We built in a progression of larger edges for beginning hangboarders (and for experienced hangboarders with larger hands), while still progressing down to a 20mm edge, which has become the de facto edge size for benchmark testing.
The center edge is 40mm deep, but with a fully custom edge profile that is incut at 10 degrees to help facilitate an introduction to more advanced 1-arm hanging progressions.
- 40mm 2-finger pockets. The most comfortable 2-finger pockets you’ve ever felt on a hangboard.
- 40mm edge with our custom edge radius for maximum comfort.
- 30mm edge with our custom edge radius for maximum comfort.
- 25mm edge with our custom edge radius for maximum comfort.
- 20mm edge with our custom edge radius for maximum comfort.
- 40mm custom profiled edge with a 10 degree incut. Perfect for progressing 1-arm training.
- Custom jug profile with ergo-bumps for maximum comfort.
- Screws Included
- Dimensions: 26"x6"x2"
- Weight: 5 lbs